Tonometer Diaton Is Featured At American Society Of Cataract And Refractive Surgeons ASCRS Chicago 2008
BiCOM Inc. is proud to present its unparalleled Trans-palpebral and Tras-scleral tonometer Diaton to the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery ASCRS on April 4th – 9th, hosted by the city of Chicago Booth # 1959. With FDA approval, CE MARK and now Health Canada approval opens many international doors for BiCOM Inc., a global distributor of Diaton tonometers.
Diaton Tonometry – Unique Tonometry through Eyelid – Intra ocular Pressure IOP / Glaucoma Eye Exam Featured at ASCRS, Chicago www.GlaucomaEyeExam.com
Diaton Tonometry is an incomparable approach to measuring intraocular pressure (IOP) THROUGH THE EYELID – no contact with the cornea, no anesthesia or sterilization is required. BiCOM's pen-like, hand-held, portable device is perfect for measuring eye pressure and helps ophthalmologists and optometrists in diagnosis and prevention of blindness caused by glaucoma. This ophthalmic device is irreplaceable for mass glaucoma screenings.
Mr. Ross McDonald, Vice President of Northern Optotronics NOI (Diaton tonometer distributor in Canada) and a 25-year veteran of the ophthalmic and medical device industries, after the introduction of Diaton tonometers to Ophthalmic Surgeons said, "In my 25 years of experience in the ophthalmic industry, this is the first time that I see so much interest in a new product. Tonometer Diaton will have great success in the market."
Tonometer Diaton is the perfect solution in the following cases when the use of other devices is problematic or impossible:
• mass prophylactic screening of patients;
• IOP control during clinical observation of glaucoma patients;
• ortoclinostatical probe, as an additional test to diagnose glaucoma and during select the adequate hypotensive therapy;
• ophthalmotone monitoring (even at night time);
• IOP measuring during contact correction (lenses are not taken out),
• IOP measuring in immobilized patients;
• IOP measuring in children.
• on patients with the following conditions: chronic conjunctivitis, cornea pathology, including keratitis, keratotone, cornea dimness, after penetrating keratoplastics, keratoprosthesis, laser refractive correction of the eyesight, high degree of ametropy, astigmatism;
• on patients with medicinal allergies;
• Lasik, LASEK, PRK (recent clinical trials have proved that Diaton is the only device that can be used for IOP measurement right after these surgeries)
This new trans-palpebral methodology has received the Gold Medal at the International Exhibition of Innovation Research and New Technology – "Brussels Eureca" & the Gold Medal at the International Exhibition of Research and new Technology in Geneva. Portability, safety and simplicity make Tonometer Diaton ideal for a wide range of applications: for mass screening of the population, at the patient's bedside, in geriatrics homes, in children hospitals, for the military and for home use.
Besides determining the potential for glaucoma onset, Diaton tonometer vs other tonometers, Diaton can be used repeatedly during the day with no effect on the eye.
Please visit BiCOM Inc., at ASCRS BOOTH # 1959 for an up-close presentation of Tonometer Diaton.
BiCOM Inc. covers the full scope of customer service, which involves client training, follow ups, hotline support, sales support, etc. To get more information on the device or to make a purchase, visit the official website – www.DiatonTonometer.com, or call BiCOM at the toll free number 1-877-diatons (877.342.8667).
About BiCOM Inc.
BiCOM, with its 15 years of tradition and global clientele, has proven to be the enterprise of the highest level of professionalism, integrity and financial solvency. A unique team of engineers, medical, legal and business experts makes BiCOM Inc. the right place for global talent to find support and guidance. BiCOM Inc. sees its mission in bringing to market innovative products developed and manufactured worldwide.
BiCOM represents and supports Diaton tonometer in over 30 countries and growing.