Innovative Diaton Tonometer provides high reliability of IOP results and makes it possible to diagnose glaucoma on the early stage and appoint necessary treatment and medicines for adult as well as pediatric population.
The unique methodology of intraocular pressure (IOP) measuring through the eyelid and sclera applied in the device provides new resources in ocular tonometry, simplicity and safety of tests.
Practice Safe Tonometry
Transpalpebral “diaton” tonometer is effective and irreplaceable in various situations:
- Quick and painless screening examinations of adult or pediatric patients
- Safe tonometry – No contact with mucous membrane or cornea; No Risk of Infecting
- IOP control during selection of adequate medicines
- IOP measuring in the presence of chronic conjunctivitis, corneal erosion, edema and cornea dimness
- IOP measuring in patients after corneal surgeries
- Intraocular pressure monitoring (diurnal tension curve)
- IOP measuring in immobilized patients and in children
- IOP measuring during contact correction (contact lenses or scleral lenses are not taken out).
Tonometer Diaton is the perfect solution in the following cases when the use of other tonometry devices is problematic or impossible: Keratitis, Conjunctivitis, Keratotone, Cornea Dimness, Keratoprosthesis, Keratoplastics, LASIK, LASEK, PRK, Astigmatism, Ametropy, etc.,
Who Uses the Diaton Tonometer?
Diaton Tonometer is intended for use by Ophthalmologists, Optometrists, Ophthalmic technicians as well as Inpatient & Outpatient Clinics such as Hospitals, Emergency Rooms, Urgent Care Clinics, Nursing & Elderly Homes, General & Specialty Practitioners.
New Diaton Tonometer has a number of indisputable advantages, making the IOP measuring process handy for the doctor and comfortable for the patient.
|Features||Diaton||Goldmann Tonometer||Shiotz Tonometer||Air-Jet||Tonopen|
|No contact with the cornea||✔|
|Displays independence from cornea's crookedness.||✔|
|Digital IOP indication||✔||✔||✔|
|Measurement in sitting position||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Measurement in reclining position||✔||✔||✔|
|Sterilization is not required||✔||✔|
|Anesthesia is not required||✔||✔|
|Ability to monitor IOP with scleral contact lenses in the eye||✔|
|Safe: No risk of infecting or scratching cornea||✔|
Clinical comparison studies of Diaton tonometer and Goldmann tonometer are the evidence of high reliability of Diaton tonometer’s accuracy: Clinical Studies
|Measurement range, mm Hg||5-60|
|Measurement error||Limit of the admissible measurement error in the range, not more:
from 5 to 20 mm Hg - ±2 mm Hg;
from 20 to 60 mm Hg - ±10%
|The time of a single measurement, s, not more||3|
|Supply voltage, V||3|
|Number of measurements using one battery set, not less||1500|
|Service life, not less||8|
|Dimensions, mm, not more||174 x 26 x 20|