Non-corneal Tonometer Diaton presented at the American Academy of Optometry, Boston 2011
Through the Eyelid Diaton tonometry is gaining momentum amongst optometrists and other eye care professionals. BiCOM Inc,. is proud to present unique hand-held, pen-like tonometer at the 89th Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Optometry (AAO) in Bostons John B. Hynes Veterans Memorial Convention Center. Diaton tonometer is quick and painless to screen children and adults without touching the eye and without removing contact lenses.
Diaton Tonometer is the only non-corneal tonometer on the market – it provides reliable measurements and makes it possible to diagnose glaucoma in its early stages, allowing you to devise an appropriate care and treatment plan. Diaton is effective in obtaining IOP measurements for many challenging patient populations, including: those with chronic conjunctivitis, erosions, edema and corneal dimness; people who have undergone corneal surgeries; and immobilized patients and children. Also, patients do not need to remove their contact lenses.
Diaton Tonometry is a revolutionary approach to measuring intraocular pressure (IOP) THROUGH THE EYELID and OVER THE SCLERA – no contact with the cornea, no anesthesia or sterilization is required. BiCOM's pen-like, hand-held, portable device is perfect for measuring eye pressure and helps ophthalmologists and optometrists in diagnosis and prevention of blindness caused by glaucoma. This ophthalmic device is irreplaceable for mass glaucoma screenings. Diaton Tonometer is intended for use by Inpatient & Outpatient Clinics such as Hospitals, Emergency Rooms, Nursing & Elderly Homes, General & Specialty Practitioners as well as Ophthalmologists and Optometrists.
Tonometer Diaton is the solution in the following cases when the use of other devices is problematic or impossible:
* mass prophylactic screening of patients;
* IOP control during clinical observation of glaucoma patients;
* ortoclinostatical probe, as an additional test to diagnose glaucoma and during select the adequate hypotensive therapy;
* ophthalmotone monitoring (even at night time);
* IOP measuring during contact correction (lenses are not taken out),
* IOP measuring in immobilized patients;
* IOP measuring in children.
* on patients with the following conditions: chronic conjunctivitis, cornea pathology, including keratitis, keratotone, cornea dimness, after penetrating keratoplastics, keratoprosthesis, laser refractive correction of the eyesight, high degree of ametropy, astigmatism;
* on patients with medicinal allergies;
* Lasik / LASEK / PRK (recent clinical trials have proved that Diaton is the only device that can be used for IOP measurement right after these surgeries)
Diaton tonometer is a perfect device for mass screenings for glaucoma for any age group. Undiagnosed and untreated, glaucoma can cause blindness. Glaucoma is the leading cause of blindness in all age groups – from babies to senior citizens. Everyone needs to get diagnosed to preserve eyesight.
BiCOM Inc. covers the full scope of customer service, which involves client training, follow ups, hotline support, sales support, etc. More information on Diaton tonometer, including clinical trials data and demo video can be found at http://www.TonometerDiaton.com or by calling BiCOM Inc., at the Toll Free number 1-877-diatons (877-342-8667).
Diaton tonometer is delivered complete with training Video/DVD describing full procedure step-by-step, battery, calibration plate, carry case in addition to the Test/Training Eye™ which is included with each unit.
About BiCOM Inc.
BiCOM, with its 19 years of tradition and global clientele, has proven to be the enterprise of the highest level of professionalism, integrity and financial solvency. A unique team of engineers, medical, legal and business experts makes BiCOM Inc. the right place for global talent to find support and guidance. BiCOM Inc. sees its mission in bringing to market innovative products developed and manufactured worldwide.
Diaton Tonometer is currently represented in over 60 countries and growing. More about BiCOM Inc,. at http://www.BiCOM-Ophthalmic.com 1-877-342-8667
Press Contact –
Alina Lagoviyer / Media Relations
151 East Walnut Street
Long Beach, New York 11561
Email: [email protected]