Elevated Intra-ocular (Eye) Pressure is a Major Risk Factor for Glaucoma, detection of which is the initial step in Glaucoma Prevention – Unique technology by DIATON aka Glaucoma Eye Test
allows to do it painlessly though the Eyelid in an office setting without using drops or touching the eyeball!
Unlike Goldmann / Contact tonometry which is based on the Imbert–Fick law and is effected by CCT and other corneal parameters and corneal diseases, where small area of the membrane is flattened to measure pressure of the internal fluid. Evidence shows that variations in CCT may greatly influence Goldmann tonometry reading. Parameters such as membrane elasticity, rigidity and other biomechanical properties can influence the accuracy of the intraocular pressure readings.
Diaton Non-corneal tonometry solves most of the corneal measurement issues by implementing Newton’s Second Law and a Ballistic principle to obtain IOP. Readings with Diaton Tonometer are taken over the upper eyelid, at the tarsus and over the sclera, Not through the cornea.
Tonometer Diaton is the perfect solution in the following cases when the use of other devices is problematic or impossible:
- · Mass screening of patients.
- · IOP control during clinical observation and selection of adequate hypotensive therapy for glaucoma patients.
- · Serial tonometry for obtaining Diurinal curve.
- · IOP can be obtained without removing contact lenses.
- · IOP measuring in immobilized patients – measurement can be done sitting or supine.
- · IOP measuring in children. Measurement is taken outside of the visual field.
- · Patients with the following conditions: chronic conjunctivitis, corneal pathology including keratitis, keratotone, corneal dimness, after penetrating keratoplastics, keratoprosthesis, laser refractive correction, high degree of ametropy, astigmatism.
- · On patients with medicinal allergies.
- · Lasik / LASEK / PRK (Diaton can be used for IOP measurement right after these surgeries)
Diaton Tonometer provides quick, painless and accurate measurements and makes it possible to diagnose glaucoma in its early stages, allowing users to devise an appropriate care and treatment plan. Diaton is effective in obtaining IOP measurements for many challenging patient populations, including: those with chronic conjunctivitis, erosions, edema and corneal dimness; people who have undergone corneal surgeries; post Boston Keratoprosthesis (KPro) and immobilized patients and children. Also, patients do not need to remove their contact lenses for glaucoma IOP screening.
Diaton tonometer is clinically proven and has FDA, CE, Health Canada and other international approvals.
ABOUT BICOM INC – Home of tonometer Diaton – You've seen us, You know us!
BiCOM Inc, is committed to the global fight against blindness caused by glaucoma. A unique team of engineers, medical, legal and business experts makes BiCOM Inc. uniquely placed to provide DIATON diagnostic tonometer pen, which measures intraocular pressure (IOP) through the eyelid and sclera, making it possible to diagnose glaucoma on the early stage and appoint necessary treatment and medicines and provide a much more favorable outcome for the patient. More about DIATON Tonometer Glaucoma IOP Eye Test at http://www.TonometerDiaton.com
, or call BiCOM at the toll free number 1-877-diatons (1-877-342-8667).
Ask Yourself – how can this transpalpebral and non-corneal tonometry be helpful in your practice, research or sight saving mission? — If you didn't find the answer here – simply ask us.
We Wish to Fight Glaucoma with You!