Glaucoma Diagnostic Unique Diaton Tonometer is Proudly Presented at the International Vision Expo by BiCOM Inc
Diaton Tonometer presents a unique advancement in glaucoma diagnostics by allowing eye care and other professionals to accurately measure intraocular pressure (IOP) through the upper eyelid and sclera, without direct contact with an eyeball and without influence of corneal biometrics on the accuracy of the readings. Diaton readings are not influenced by central corneal thickness (CCT), corneal crookedness, scarred cornea or corneal edema vs all other cornea dependent devices such as Goldmann, Tonopen, Icare, Perkins, Accutome, Schiotz and other tonometers that measure directly via contact with the cornea. With Diaton even contact lenses do not need to be removed for accurate results as the reading is done above the edge of the contact lens. This patient and user friendly tonometry device allows quick, painless and efficient glaucoma screening in children and adults. Diaton is showcased by BiCOM Inc, and colleagues at the International Vision Expo East in New York to 35,000 visitors at the medical pavilion, exhibit #7034.
Preview Diaton tonometer at www.diaton.com
Product Features & Major Benefits:
- Easy to use. Handheld, portable, pen-like device
- No contact with the cornea (only upper eyelid and sclera)
- No need for anesthesia drops or removal of contact lenses
- Safe: No risk of infecting or scratching cornea
- Cost efficient: No consumables (no need to purchase replacement tips/covers, etc.)
- No sterilization (just alcohol swab is used to wipe off the tip)
- Accurate: No pachymetry needed (independent of cornea)
- Ready-to-use: Daily calibration not required
About BiCOM Inc:
BiCOM, home of Diaton tonometer pen – committed to the global fight against blindness caused by glaucoma. A unique team of engineers, medical, legal and business experts makes BiCOM Inc., uniquely placed to provide Diaton diagnostic tonometer, which measures intraocular pressure (IOP) through the eyelid and sclera, making it possible to diagnose glaucoma on the early stage and appoint necessary treatment and medicines and provide a more favorable outcome for the patient.
For more information or local distributors –visit: http://www.TonometerDiaton.com